The U.S. Presidential election is only one week away and the whole world is watching, weighing in – and swiping.
Last week, we launched Swipe the Vote in 16 countries around the world. Millions of swipes later, Tinder users have matched with one clear winner: Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.
Swipe the Vote, launched in partnership with Rock the Vote, served as one of the largest global polls of millennials in history and yielded some interesting results. As Tinder users weighed in on taxes, gun control, immigration, education and more, the majority in every country matched with Clinton. In Russia, however, 71% of users said they would vote for Trump – despite 76% of them matching with Clinton’s views on the issues.
Below are some more of the most notable takeaways:
In the U.S.:
Hillary vs. Donald
- 57% of American users matched with Hillary Clinton and 43% matched with Donald Trump, based on the issues alone.
- 53% of Tinder users in the United States say they plan to vote for Hillary Clinton and 47% of users plan to vote for Donald Trump.
- Citizenship for All: 57% of users prefer a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
- Occupy Wall Street?: 65% of users in the United States want an increase in taxes for the 1%.
- Free for All: 56% of users in the United States think college tuition should be free.
Hillary vs. Donald - Global Showdown:
- Globally, 80% of users matched with Hillary Clinton, and 20% of users matched with Donald Trump, based on the issues.
- Globally, 73% of users said they would vote for Hillary Clinton and 27% would vote for Donald Trump.
- Russia Votes Trump: Russia is the only country where the majority of users would choose to vote for Donald Trump. More than three quarters (76%) of users matched with Hillary Clinton based on the issues; however, 71% say they would vote for Donald Trump.
- Education for Everyone: With the highest vote of any country, 86% of Argentina’s users want free college tuition.
- Girl Power: 96% of female voters in India matched with Hillary Clinton.
- Mercy on the 1%: 60% of users in Brazil said they wouldn’t want a tax increase on the top 1%.
- Healthcare for All: Each of polled countries believe that everyone deserves health care as their right as an American citizen.
The Swipe the Vote poll will be live on Tinder through today. So if you haven’t weighed in, don’t forget to tap on the ‘Swipe the Vote’ card and participate. And if you’re in the U.S., be sure to locate your nearest polling location once you match with your candidate by tapping ‘Go Vote.’
The ‘Swipe the Vote’ poll surveyed users in the U.S., Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Russia, Spain and the U.K.